- Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to play music, make calls, set timers and alarms, ask questions, provide information, check weather, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more.
- Just ask to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription required) and TuneIn (Spotify unavailable). Connects to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Use Echo Dot as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your own collection or other services (requires Bluetooth connection from a compatible device, voice control not supported).
- Alexa-to-Alexa Calling (coming soon): Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in rooms throughout your home using just your voice.
- Controls lights, plugs and other compatible smart home devices.
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer.
- Supported languages: UK English and German (skills availability varies by country and language).
Release Date: 2017-12-06